Thursday, May 15, 2008

Howard Stern | Dolly Parton | Audiobook Skit

Dolly Parton is outraged over an on-air skit, by US radio shock jock Howard Stern, which made her sound racist and sexually explicit.

Bits were sliced from an audio book, Parton had narrated, to make it sound as if she made these terrible remarks. A regular feature on the Howard Stern show is that of Celebrity audiobook splicing.

This is parody, but it made Dolly Parton sound racist and twisted. Dolly Parton reacted to the joke. This is the statement she issued:
"I have never been so shocked, hurt, and humiliated in all my life. I cannot believe what Howard Stern has done to me. In a blue million years, I would never have such vulgar things come out of my mouth. They have done editing or some sort of trickery to make this horrible, horrible thing.

Please accept my apology for them and certainly know I had nothing to do with this. If there was ever going to be a lawsuit, it's going to be over this. Just wanted you to know that I am completely devastated by this."

Check out the Video Clip (Audio Only) below. This was meant as a parody by shock jock Howard Stern. After listening to the clip, what do you think? Do you think Dolly Parton would win or lose if she sues for "defamation of character?"