Thursday, June 25, 2009

Rosie O'Donnell Gets New Show | Sirius XM Radio

Rosie O’Donnell, the Queen of Mean, has been striking out lately when it comes to returning to prime time television. But, she is returning to the airwaves, anyway. Rosie gets her own radio show on Sirius XM Radio!

Rosie's new daily show called Rosie Radio will allow her listeners the opportunity to call in and talk to the former co-host of The View about pop culture, politics, other celebrities, and anything else on the daily topic.

Rosie got this deal after her candid appearance on Howard Stern’s Sirius XM show earlier this year. Here is what she said to Associated Press on Thursday:
After I did his show, they called and asked if I was interested. I don’t really listen to radio, so I started thinking about it and listening. I asked if they could possibly do it at my house because that would really make it convenient for me with four kids, and they said yes, so I was like, ‘Wow. Let’s try that.’

I think it’ll be good for me. I’ve been lucky. I’ve had seven years of early retirement. All my kids are in school now, so all day long I have nothing to do. This was the first year that they were all in school all day, and I found myself very bored. I was saying to Kelli, we either need to get another kid or I’ll have to go back to work.